1. WHEN SHOULD I ORDER MY CAKE?
All my cakes are made to order. I always say to allow as much time as possible, especially for elaborate, detailed, bespoke designs. At the moment I'm recommending 6-8 weeks notice for celebration cakes and cupcakes or 12-18 months for wedding cakes. If your date is sooner, still get in touch as I might have availability for your date.
2. WHAT SIZE CAKE SHOULD I ORDER?
Please use this size guide to help you. Serving sizes are based on 1"x2" portion sizes with fruit cakes based on 1"X1" portion sizes.
6" = 15R or 18S servings
8" = 25R or 32S servings
10" = 39R or 50S servings
12" = 56R or 72S servings
R = Round Cake S = Square Cake
3. WHAT FLAVOURS CAN I ORDER?
- Vanilla sponge with strawberry conserve and vanilla bean buttercream filling. -Chocolate sponge with chocolate buttercream filling.
- Lemon sponge with lemon curd and vanilla bean buttercream filling.
- Red Velvet sponge with vanilla bean buttercream filling.
Other Fillings Available;
- Salted caramel buttercream (great with chocolate cake).
- Strawberry conserve with white chocolate buttercream.
- Passion Fruit curd (subject to availability) with white chocolate buttercream.
- Orange curd with vanilla bean buttercream.
Once filled, all my cakes are finished with a layer of ganache before being covered with soft fondant icing.
Rich fruit cake is also available to order but is at an extra cost. Please ask about fruit cake in your enquiry so I can provide this information in your quote.
4. HOW DO I CHOOSE A DESIGN?
Simply let me know if you have a particular theme in mind or colour scheme. These are good places to start. If you're ordering a bespoke cake for a special birthday it might be worth thinking about the birthday boy or girls interests and hobbies. Include this information with your enquiry and I can provide some design price options.
5. CAN I ORDER CUPCAKES?
No problem. You can order a box of 6 or 12 of the "classics" (vanilla with vanilla buttercream swirl or chocolate with chocolate buttercream swirl) with just 5 days notice. So if you fancy a treat for the weekend, simply contact me on a Monday to place your order and collect from the shop on a Friday or Saturday. For larger quantities or more detailed designs I recommend the 6-8 weeks notice.
6. DO YOU HAVE A DELIVERY SERVICE?
Wedding cakes are always delivered (unless collection is specified by the couple). If there is a delivery charge for this it would be included in the quote I provide. Celebration cakes are collected from the shop. Larger orders can be delivered with prior arrangement and when this is possible.
7. WHERE ARE YOU BASED?
The shop is located at the Chilwell Creative Corner, 178 High Road, Chilwell, Nottingham, NG9 5BB.
Opening hours are Tuesday - Friday 9.30am-4.30pm, Saturday 9.30am-12.30pm, Sunday & Monday CLOSED.
8. HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU?
Feel free to complete an enquiry form on the website. Or you can contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call me on 07505 547750.
9. WHAT TYPE OF CELEBRATION CAKES DO YOU PROVIDE?
I provide cakes for any celebration or event you're having. A birthday, Christening, Naming Day, Holy Communion, Anniversary, Engagement, to name a few. Please get in touch with the details of your event so I can provide a quote for you.